From seed to garden: 6 weeks
Germinations: 68-75 Degrees Fahrenheit
Good Cutflower: Yes
Height: 42 inches
- Amaranthus are annuals, grown from seed or seedlings, planted in late winter or spring (after frosts have passed).
- They are soft and grow tall so they need protection from strong winds.
- Prepare the soil before planting, mixing in well-rotted manure or prepared fertilizer.
- Water young plants regularly and mulch well to retain moisture.
- Liquid feed monthly.
- Pruning young plants promotes bushy growth.
- Can be grown for edible greens by this specie typically grown for ornamental.
- Pests: aphids, caterpillars and snails.